The China-Hong Kong Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) was incorporated in 1995 under the leadership of the current President, Professor John Wong. Its objectives are:
- to promote the aims, interest and, ideals of the ACS in Hong Kong and China;
- to implement, conduct, maintain and monitor programs of the ACS;
- to increase, elevate and make known the standards of practice, training and education in surgery within Hong Kong and China;
- to establish a standard of competency and character for practitioners of surgery;
- to provide a method of granting membership in the organization;
- to educate the public and the profession to understand that the practice of surgery calls for special training and that the surgeon elected to Fellowship in the ACS has had such training and is properly qualified to practice surgery;
- to serve as a means of communication between the members of the Chapter and the College.